- ISKCON Mangalore, committed to the ethical collection, retention and use of information that you provide to us about yourself (“Personal Information”) on this site (www.iskconmangalore.org)
- Your Personal Information may comprise/include the following:
- Identity data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, the language you use and gender
- Date of birth /age
- User ID and password of your choice
- Email and mailing address
- Contact detail includes telephone number
- Payment information and Transaction processing details
- Personal details including your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses and usage data
- Location data and login details
- IP address of the device used to access the Site
- Any other data as ISKCON Mangalore may require ISKCON Mangalore securely stores your personal data in servers which are secure and GDPR compliant.
Collection of Information
- Site Browsing: When you browse the Site anonymously,we do not require you to identify yourself or reveal any Personal Information while browsing through the Site. However, you may not be able to access certain sections/functionalities/services of the Site or interact with us without providing us with Personal Information. For instance, you will not be able to transact at the Site or make any donations at the Site, without providing the Site with Personal Information. If you desire to register yourself at the Site, you would be required to provide your Personal Information.
- While you are browsing through the Site, the Site’s operating system may automatically record some general information (“General Information”) about your Site visit including the following:
- the date and time you visit the Site, along with the address of the previous website you were visiting, if you linked to us through another website
- the type of browser you are using (such as Internet Explorer version ‘X’)
- which ‘hit’ it is on the Site
- The General Information is not Personal Information. ISKCON Mangalore’s tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any Personal Information collected from you.
- The General Information is used by ISKCON Mangalore for statistical analysis, for tracking overall traffic patterns on the Site and to gauge the public interest in ISKCON Mangalore and the Site. Such General Information may be shared by ISKCON Mangalore with any person, at ISKCON Mangalore ’s discretion.
- Cookies:“Cookies” are small amounts of data that a website can send to a web browser on a visitor’s computer. The cookie is stored on a visitor’s computer. A cookie may enable the site holder to track how a visitor navigates through its site and the areas in which they show interest. This is similar to a traffic report: it tracks the patterns, trends and behaviors, but does not identify individuals. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the site, and the site visited just before and just after the ISKCON Mangalore Site. However, these cookies will not contain any user personal information.
Types of Cookies
Cookies can be set to expire: on a specified date after a specific period of time when a transaction has been completed or when a user turns off his/her browser.
A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies.
Persistent cookies may be used in some cases, for example, to recognize when a visitor returns to a website. The web browser will send the cookie information from the initial visit back to the website. This is useful if the visitor has registered/created an account and set a password at a particular website and wants to be identified by that site to perform a function or transaction.
To browse anonymously, you may set your browser to disable cookies or delete cookies. Please note that disabling cookies for some services will impact your ability to use certain services/functionalities in the Site.
Refusing Cookies on ISKCON Mangalore’s Website
Newer browser versions may have options to provide cookie alerts or have options to automatically disable cookies. You may need to download a more current version of your web browser from your service provider in order to obtain this option.
Note: Some product features and services provided by ISKCON Mangalore require you to accept a cookie in order to be able to use the particular functionality or service. These cookies are used to establish a link between the user and the application server. The cookies contain unique session IDs, and no user/customer data is stored on the cookies.
Usage of Information
- Personal information will be collected, processed and used by ISKCON Mangalore for purposes including the following:
- sending you inter alia emails, features, newsletters, promotional material, surveys and feedbacks, brochures, catalogues, ISKCON Mangalore Annual Report, ISKCON Mangalore -in -Action, reminders for donations, regular updates on the utilization of donations by ISKCON Mangalore and other updates.
- processing your donations to ISKCON Mangalore and purchases of ISKCON Mangalore products on the Site.
- delivering the ISKCON Mangalore products you have purchased on the Site /Receipt for donations made by you to ISKCON Mangalore.
- maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site
- evaluating and administering the Site and ISKCON Mangalore’s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
- to render and complete any services undertaken by you with our Site.
- Personal information will be collected, processed and used by ISKCON Mangalore for purposes including the following:
ISKCON Mangalore will keep your personal data only for the time period required for rendering the services and thereafter shall delete the data. You may also request/ask for deletion of the data.
Disclosure of Personal Information by ISKCON Mangalore
- Within ISKCON Mangalore, access to Personal Information collected by ISKCON Mangalore will be given only to those persons who are authorized by ISKCON Mangalore and third parties hired by ISKCON Mangalore to perform administrative services. ISKCON Mangalore will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in ISKCON Mangalore’s Database, processing your orders or donations, preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. ISKCON Mangalore cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and ISKCON Mangalore will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
- ISKCON Mangalore is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage(whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of ISKCON Mangalore.
- Not withstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and ISKCON Mangalore, ISKCON Mangalore reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, statutory obligation/legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the Site, to protect ISKCON Mangalore and its property, to fulfill your requests, to protect our user/visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of ISKCON Mangalore.
All content on this Site including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of ISKCON Mangalore and/or its content suppliers and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The arrangement and compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of ISKCON Mangalore and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. Permission is given to use the resources of this Site only for the purposes of making enquiries, making a donation or placing an order for the purchase of ISKCON Mangalore products. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site can only be made with the express written permission of ISKCON Mangalore. All other trademarks, brands and copyrights other than those belonging to ISKCON Mangalore belong to their respective owners and are their property.
Donations to ISKCON Mangalore You can contribute/make donations online.
The donors may avail tax exemption under Section 80 G of the Income Tax Act for the contributions made to any of the above said three programmes.
Donations from outside India must comply with the provisions of Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010, as amended from time to time. Under the said Act, contributions cannot be made for the benefit of election candidates, editor or publisher of a newspaper, judges, government servants, members of any legislature, and political parties, and other circumstances as set out in the Act from time to time . You acknowledge and agree that you shall not attempt, directly or indirectly, to make or cause to be made any donation to such parties as prohibited by the Act.
ISKCON Mangalore takes the utmost care to process donations as per the instructions given by our donors, online and offline. ISKCON Mangalore provides tax exemption certificates as applicable for the contributions made through ISKCON Mangalore Site.
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policy:
ISKCON Mangalore complies with the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) guidelines and Know Your Customer norms established by the Reserve Bank of India, and updated from time to time and including the following:
Every Donor has to verify their identity as per the Know Your Customer (KYC) guidelines. This includes verification of registered mobile number via a One Time Password (OTP), and may also include one of the identification documents viz. Permanent Account Number, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License, Voter Id. recognized by the Reserve Bank of India. The list of such registered documents will be updated on ISKCON Mangalore Site, at its sole discretion, from time to time and ISKCON Mangalore reserves the right to modify and amend this AML Policy at any time.
Upon receiving knowledge of suspicious transactions or any breach of applicable law or this policy, ISKCON Mangalore may take one or more of the following steps:
- Probe into the incident.
- Report the incident directly to the appropriate government authority.
- Suspend/delete the user account(s).
- Any action that ISKCON Mangalore may deem appropriate.
ISKCON Mangalore ’S Secure Payment ProcessM
Your online transaction on ISKCON Mangalore Site is secure with the highest levels of transaction security currently available on the Internet. ISKCON Mangalore uses a secure encryption technology to protect your card information while securely transmitting it to the respective banks for payment processing.
All credit card and debit card payments on ISKCON Mangalore are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways managed by leading banks. Banks nowadays use the 3D Secure password service for online transactions, providing an additional layer of security through identity verification. For contributors on ISKCON Mangalore Site only standard channels of payment – verified credit or debit cards, net banking, bank transfers, cheque, prepaid instruments such as wallets, Unified Payment Interface or cash (upto limits allowed by the RBI) – will be allowed.
ISKCON Mangalore Donation Refund Policy:
All Donation payments made to ISKCON Mangalore are final and cannot be refunded. However, ISKCON Mangalore may issue refunds for the following “exceptional” scenarios. In case of an unlikely event of an erroneous donation or the donation is identified as fraudulent or initiated using an unauthorized instrument or if the donor would like to cancel his/her donation. Under such scenarios, ISKCON Mangalore will respond to the donor within 7 working days of receiving a valid request for refund from the donor. The timely refund of the donation will depend upon the type of credit card/banking instrument used during the transaction. Provided however, the donor will have to send ISKCON Mangalore a written request for a refund within 2 days of making the donation to ISKCON Mangalore’s official address (ISKCON, Sri Krishna Balram Mandir, Arya samaj road, Balmatta, Mangalore) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with the following documents-
- Proof of the deduction of the donation amount.
- In cases where the donation receipt has already been issued to the donor, the donor will have to return the original receipt to ISKCON Mangalore at its office addresses.
- If the tax exemption certificate is already issued for a donation, then you/donor shall not be entitled to claim a refund of the said donation. However, in case of a valid refund request due to any error on ISKCON Mangalore’s part, ISKCON Mangalore will refund the donation and bear the costs of the same.
- International donations will require a minimum of 10 working days for the refund process. However, the transaction fee and refund processing fee and other related costs/expenses will be deducted by ISKCON Mangalore for the approved refund claims and you hereby give your consent and authorize ISKCON Mangalore to make the above said deductions before crediting the refund donation/amount.